Serve IT accepts applications from 501(c)3 organizations on a rolling basis with client start periods coinciding with the beginning of the Spring and Fall semesters. Questions can be sent to Serve IT Director, Matt Hottell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected clients will undergo a needs assessment of current operations, will be assisted through the development of a strategic IT plan, and then a student intern team will help the organization work through that plan. There is currently no cost associated with participation in the program.
Potential services are determined through discussion with prospective clients and can include such activities as:
- Product research, purchase, and licensing
- Workflow and efficiency
- Policy development
- Strategic implementation of social media or mobile platforms
- Product development
- Graphic design
- Web design and development
- Desktop software design and development
- Mobile application development
- Hardware refurbishment and/or purchase
- Database development
- Customized training: on-site, off-site, and/or web-based
- Equipment donation match-maker
- On-site and remote tech support (repair & installation of software)
- IT grant writing
Each client organization chosen must have one liaison staff member or volunteer who can devote time each week coordinating with the student team. That staff member should expect to spend on average 1-2 hours per week minimum working with the teams and should be empowered to make decisions on the services provided by the team.