Apply to be a Client of Serve IT
Serve IT accepts applications from 501(c)3 organizations on a rolling basis with client start periods generally coinciding with the beginning of the Spring and Fall semesters. Questions can be sent to Serve IT Director, Matt Hottell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected clients will undergo a needs assessment of current operations, will be assisted through the development of a strategic IT plan, and then a student intern team will help the organization work through that plan. There is currently no cost associated with participation in the program.
Potential services are determined through discussion with prospective clients and can include such activities as:
- Product research, purchase, and licensing
- Workflow and efficiency
- Policy development
- Strategic implementation of social media or mobile platforms
- Product development
- Graphic design
- Web design and development
- Desktop software design and development
- Mobile application development
- Hardware refurbishment and/or purchase
- Database development
- Customized training: on-site, off-site, and/or web-based
- Equipment donation match-maker
- On-site and remote tech support (repair & installation of software)
- IT grant writing
Clients will be chosen based on four criteria, the most important of which is
- Whether potential projects will provide a good learning opportunity for the students involved
- The relative stability of the organization
- The apparent need for the technology services provided
- Whether the organization meets or is presumed to meet the IRS definition of a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3)
Each client organization chosen must have one liaison staff member or volunteer who can devote time each week coordinating with the student team. That staff member should expect to spend on average 1-2 hours per week minimum working with the teams and should be empowered to make decisions on the services provided by the team.
Interested in Applying?
All applications will be considered on a rolling basis each semester based on needs, size of project, and current Serve IT workload.